Prizm Zoysia™ is a new greens grade zoysia variety developed by Bladerunner Farms that has the ability to grow-in very quickly.
- Sand Hills Golf & Country club installed the first Prizm greens in Texas. They have a 1-man crew and some volunteers and were able to grow greens in 10 weeks from sprigs.
- Prizm is being tested at the new PGA facility in Frisco, Texas, as a viable greens variety.
- East Lake, host of the “Fedex Cup”, installed Prizm approaches as a test for renovation in 2023.
- The Charlie Yates short course at East Lake has Prizm on all greens.
- The Brambles (Coore/Crenshaw) in California planted Prizm greens summer 2021.
Green speed: Stimps 12
SEE THE FUTURE OF GOLF THROUGH A NEW PRIZM
One Grass – Tee to Green.
The Green Future is here. After years of research and development, Prizm is the latest release from Bladerunner Farms, the breeder of Zeon Zoysia. Prizm was developed to create a more sustainable tee to green grass that requires lower inputs while providing superior aesthetics. What we discovered is a grass so unique, it could completely change the future of Golf.
A BREAKTHROUGH IN GOING GREEN
- ONE GRASS – TEE TO GREEN
- NO COLLAR TRANSITION TO MANAGE = NO ENCROACHMENT
- LESS THAN HALF THE FERTILITY OF ULTRADWARF BERMUDA
- HALF THE MOWING OF ULTRADWARF BERMUDA
- EXCELLENT SHADE TOLERANCE – KEEP THE TREES!
- BIOLOGICAL RESISTANCE TO INSECTS, DISEASE AND WEEDS
- OUTSTANDING DIVOT RECOVERY
- INSIGNIFICANT BALL MARKING
- NO GRAIN=CONSISTENCY OF SURFACE
- MANAGE STIMP RATINGS 10-13’
- UNPARALLELLED FLEXIBILITY TO MOW FROM 0.100 TO 1.5 INCH
- BROAD RANGE OF SOIL AND PH ADAPTATION
- EXCELLENT COLD TOLERANCE AND COLD WEATHER COLOR RETENTION
- EXCELLENT SALT TOLERANCE
Attributes and Benefits
|Ultrafine leaf blade|
|Superior turf density|
|Cold hardy to zone 7|
|Flexible mowing heights from 0.100 to 1 inch|
|Low fertility requirement|
|Golf: The first tee to green Zoysiagrass with variable mowing heights from 0.100 to 1 inch. Can be easily managed at these heights on a wide variety of soils|
|Sports: High end athletic fields|
|Landscape: High end landscapes|
Best Management Practices
|Sunlight Requirement: Grows in full sun and as little as 4 hours of sunlight per day|
|Mowing: Can be maintained from 0.100 (greens height) to 1 inch|
|Fertility: Recommend 2 pounds N/1000 ft/year|
|Insect Control: All insecticides labeled for use on zoysiagrass can be safely applied to Prizm. Always follow label instructions|
|Weed Control: All herbicides labeled for use on zoysiagrass can be safely applied to Prizm. Always follow label instructions|
From Bladerunner Farms, the largest private zoysiagrass breeding program in the world and breeder of Zeon Zoysia. Prizm is the latest release and was selected for its low input requirements and unique ability to be maintained at greens height and up to 1 inch.